Today I’m cleaning out my closet: From toxic behavior to things that are esthetically non-pleasing, it’s all here!
- Canceling plans: We all secretly love having a free day to do nothing when someone breaks plans. However, constantly canceling on people is rude and it makes you look like a flake.
- Generalizing men: When I see people generalize men it makes me sad. It also makes me realize that a lot of people have not had the great experiences with men that I have. I feel bad for these people. There are so many great men in this world, please don’t paint them all with a shit-brush because of your bad experiences. We all hate being generalized, so let’s ease up on the guys. They’re not all bad people.
- Wearing scrunchies: They’re awesome for putting your hair up at home. However, these things should've been left in the ’90s where they belong. Even Ariana Grande couldn't make these look good.
- High waisted bikini bottoms: These belong in a White Snake video. Very eighties’ and not in a good way.
- Contouring: This was not meant for real life, it looks awesome in photos and that’s it.
- The word “snowflake”: The far-right has coined this term to reference people they consider to be over-sensitive. In most cases, “snowflakes” are trying to make the world a better place by calling out bigotry, racism, and sexism. Stop it, it doesn't even make sense. Really, its a compliment, snowflakes are beautiful.
- Mommy wine culture: If you’re drinking a bottle of wine a night, that’s a problem, mother or not. Using motherhood as an excuse to drink is not funny or cute. This is actually psychologically damaging to a child.
- Praising little girls with “sass”: Sassy kids are kids without boundaries. My daughter is only two and starting to give dirty looks a lot and it actually worries me. I want her to be likeable, not mean. Sassy kids turn into disrespectful jerks as adults. We need to nip this behaviour in the bud.
- Selfie-shaming: I don’t get this one. I don’t mind selfies at all. It's nice to see people like the way they look and display it proudly.
- Auto-tune: I love rap music but the amount of auto-tune being used now is ridiculous. There’s one artist, Miguel, who uses a lot of auto-tune. He actually has an amazing voice but auto-tune covers it up. Why cover up talent?
Thank you for reading my random rant. I just wanted to write something today. Here’s to 2020! Cheers!